The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone! A little late, but better than never.


I realize I have been MIA for a bit, but even though I had great intentions, I could not find time to blog at all over the last month! I flew across the country from Jacksonville, Florida to Seattle, Washington, to spend time with the kids and grand-kids. (You can follow me on Instagram to see the photos...grandmother's bragging rights. https://www.instagram.com/happyedugator)  Then what do you know? I get back home to a sick husband who has the flu AND strep throat. Within 3 days, I had it, too! All my energy was sapped for over a week. Just as I was starting to feel better, it was hustle and bustle and get ready for Christmas! So here it is, the evening after Christmas, when it hit me that I haven't posted anything for almost a month. 

However, I am sure everyone else has busy lives at this time of year, so maybe you will relate.  I hope everyone had an amazing holiday. I hope you were able to have peace, no matter what the circumstances. Some thoughts as we celebrate the holiday season: it is important to remember that not everyone looks forward to Christmas. Some people are not surrounded by large wonderful families and friends. Some of us have problems during the holidays and are overcome with great sadness when we remember the loved ones who are not with us. For many, it is their first Christmas without a particular loved one, and many others have lost loved ones at Christmas time. Many people have no one to spend these times with and are besieged by loneliness. We all need caring, loving thoughts right now. I have seen and read about so much heartache and loss this season. My heart breaks for all those who feel the intense pain of loneliness, loss, poverty, and grief. It is my wish that kindness and love will find you if you are suffering.
If you are a teacher, I hope you find time to rest, relax, and recharge over this break. The days leading up to the holidays can be extremely stressful. Put aside some time for yourself and your family!

If you follow me on TPT, you will know that I have been having a 20% off sale in my store yesterday and today. I am extending that sale for one more day, but if you miss it because you are spending quality time with family and friends, I want you to know that there are some great specials coming up next week, too! Follow my blog to keep up to date on the some deals that will rock your New Year!

Remember, one of the most important gifts you can give this season is kindness. Be kind to all you meet, and when you go back to school, remember to be kind to all you teach. No matter how stressed you get, your students will always need your kindness.  

Best wishes for success always,

Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment