The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Busy October! Lots of freebies to help!

October is such a busy month. Fire Safety Week, Breast Cancer Awareness, Columbus Day, Football games, Homecomings, Fall Festivals, and Halloween! Whew! So much going on that it is hard to even have a minute to sit down and relax and very little time to read blogs!  So if you are reading this, I want to let you know that I really appreciate you!  I hope that the few minutes you spend reading this post will benefit you in some way...whether it be from a freebie, an idea, a resource, or just a smile. So, since everyone likes something for free, I will start out with posting some freebies for your collection!

*******************************************************************************

7 FREE TEACHING RESOURCES:

For the younger set:

Animal ABC Book for Free Blank

Animal ABC Book for Free - Blank


For teacher creations:

Fire Safety Clip Art

Fire Safety Clip Art

For teachers:

Breast Cancer Awareness Bookmarks-Hope Fight Win

Breast Cancer Awareness Bookmarks - Hope! Fight! Win!
For young struggling readers:

Reading Strategies Bookmarks and PowerPoint

Reading Strategies Bookmarks and PowerPoint

For middle and high school teachers:

Speech Presentation Teacher Evaluation Sheet

Speech Presentation - Teacher Evaluation Sheet

For upper elementary reading:

Free Characterization Map

Free Characterization Map
A quick assessment:

Exit Ticket - Today's Reflection

Exit Ticket - Today's Reflection

****************************************************************************
As I said before, October is a very busy month. Now with Red Ribbon Week just around the corner, you might also be scrambling for ideas on what to do.  Here is a handout for free Red Ribbon Week Ideas, and a free essay contest entry form. I hope this will help make things Easy Peasy.

Red Ribbon Week Essay Contest Entry Form

Red Ribbon Week Essay Contest Entry Form

Red Ribbon Week Activities For Your School FREE

Red Ribbon Week Activities For Your School FREE


I also know many of you are trying to get your door decorated. Here is a resource that might help you get started:

Red Ribbon Week Door Decoration 2014

Red Ribbon Week Door Decoration 2014

Now, I know that Columbus Day has come and gone, yet sometimes you need an activity to follow-up or review. Here are two fun activities that your kids will love:

Columbus Day PowerPoint Why Do We Celebrate It

Columbus Day PowerPoint - Why Do We Celebrate It?

Columbus Day Word Search Poem and Fill in Activities


Columbus Day Word Search, Poem, and Fill-in Activities

One of my favorite times of year in the classroom is Halloween....for many teachers it is their least favorite. Kids are hyped up and excited. I found this photo the other night when I was rummaging around some boxes...this is a photo of my Pre-K class back in 1992, all dressed up for Halloween! These kiddos are all grown now! I've since lost touch with my assistant, but we sure had good times together...and this picture sure brings back memories! 



The kids were so cute in their little outfits. You can see some of our class activities in the background. We did color mixing with finger paints...those just look like big blobs of paint, but the kids learned that red and yellow made orange, yellow and blue made green, and red, yellow and green made brown! We also painted bats on orange paper and learned all kinds of information about bats and sang spooky songs. We made clothespin bats...I see a few of those in the window, and I remember making coffee filter ghosts, which we hung from the ceiling. I have put the songs and directions for the bats in my TPT store:

Halloween Clothespin Bats Craftivity and Bat Activities

Halloween - Clothespin Bats Craftivity and Bat Activities

Halloween Spooky Songs Twelve Fun and Easy Songs to Sing

Halloween Spooky Songs - Twelve Fun and Easy Songs to Sing

In seventh grade, we usually work on sentences at the beginning of the year. Halloween is a good time to review. We also work on subject verb agreement and dangling and misplaced modifiers. Here are some resources I use with the older kiddos.

Halloween Subject Verb Agreement Practice Sheet
Halloween Subject-Verb Agreement Practice Sheet

Halloween Spooky Grammar PowerPoint

Halloween Spooky Grammar PowerPoint

FREE  Halloween Types of Sentences Worksheet

Halloween Types of Sentences Worksheet

For over forty Halloween resources for a variety of grades, stop by my TPT Halloween store!

Happyedugator - Category - Halloween

And just to make you smile, this picture is of my kids back in the eighties! Yes, here is another oldie from a Halloween a long time ago...my coworker's little girl is the ghost, my daughter is the fairy princess, and my son was Prince Charming. (He turned 31 on Saturday) I made both outfits! 

Happy October and Happy Teaching!
Deborah Hayes
aka 
HappyEdugator







No comments:

Post a Comment