The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter and Spring Break!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter Weekend! I am on Spring Break this week! Yahoo! No school all week! :)

When I go back next week, my kiddos will finish reading Peak, and prepare for the CRCT, the Georgia State test. We will have only two weeks before testing! Yikes! That is sure to go by quickly. I have many items in my TPT store available for test preparation. Please stop by and shop around if you have a few minutes to browse.

After testing, we are going to read the abridged version of Dr. Ben Carson's book, Gifted Hands. If you have not heard of Dr. Carson, he grew up in a rough inner city neighborhood and wound up becoming a world famous brain surgeon who has successfully separated Siamese twins. The book is quite fascinating, and he also has been in the news recently with President Obama at the National Prayer Breakfast. Just the other evening I was reading that he may be considering a run for the Presidency in 2016. So, the book is certainly going to be relevant to the times! It has been difficult to find appropriate non-fiction books to support the common core standards, but we thought this one would work. We had some concerns with the religious aspect of the book at first, but since it was listed on the state of Georgia sample unit, our principal and teachers felt it was not an issue. Gifted Hands - The Ben Carson Story.Gifted Hands - The Kids Edition



I will be back with more soon. Going to relax a bit on Spring Break!

All my best,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment