The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Superbowl Super Sale on TPT this weekend

It has been a very busy month! We are continuing to read The White Giraffe by Lauren St. John. My students have completed a Webquest in the computer lab, comparing South Africa to England. Now they are researching endangered African animals and creating a brochure for the animal they have chosen to crusade for. This is the first year teaching with this novel, but I am pleased that the students seem to really like this book.



Webquest Comparing South Africa and England

Endangered Animal Research Brochure

I am very excited that our school system just purchased Chromebooks for our school and soon my students will be using them in the classroom! Our system has also created Google accounts for all students and teachers to use so we can use Google docs and I can't wait to share the new technology with my students! This is going to really bring technology into the classroom.

Watch this video if you are unfamiliar with Google docs. I like that I can create Google documents and then download them as PowerPoint or Word files...which means I can create things using my iPad. Also, it is great for collaration, student editing and group work, and I can even make online tests and quizzes with Forms. The possibilities are really endless!

Google Docs in Plain English

Stop by TPT this weekend and enjoy the super sale! I will be having a 20% off sale and TPT will take another 10% off that at checkout! This is the time to stock up on things you have wishlisted. :)

FREEBIE FOR YOU: Try out this free poetry test. Students have to identify the types of poems.

Types-of-Poetry-TEST

All my best,
Deborah



1 comment:

  1. I always have students bring in a flash drive when we use our netbooks in class. Now I will set up Google docs accounts! I had no idea I could do this! Thank you so much! I'm also going to get my hands on The White Giraffe.

    I'm so glad I stopped by:)
    Darlene
    meatballsinthemiddle

    ReplyDelete