The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Friday, December 28, 2012

New Blogger Liebster Award...Christmas Vacation!

I thought I had posted something before now, but I had only saved my work as a draft. Oops. Sorry folks! I took a little Christmas vacation and had an absolutely wonderful respite. I had a wonderful time with my little grandson. He was a little uncertain about Santa.

 I just have to say "Wow!" Thanks to everyone for your support. My TPT store has been such a success this quarter! It is overwhelming all the love and appreciation I have received in these past few weeks. I really appreciate all of you who are following my blog and my TPT store. Thank you! I feel that this learning experience has made me a better teacher as I try to improve everyday. Furthermore, I am proud to be a part of this great community of teachers from all around the world who pull together to help each other.

www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/HappyEdugator
My latest classroom news...on December 7, the VFW came to visit my classroom and taught my students about Pearl Harbor and folding the United States flag. It was a real treat! 

In December, we finished reading Red Scarf Girl, and read the play A Christmas Carol. My students enjoyed some of the activities we did on the Smartboard.


I  just received a surprise email from another blogger who nominated my blog for an award. Wow! An award? :) I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. This sweet lady nominated me:

blog button
Then I read further and found out there were rules and things I had to do in order to participate. So, I didn't feel it was really an award, so much as a promotional chain...but it is a fun one, so I decided to join in anyway.



Here are the Rules: 1. You must post 11 random things about yourself. 2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you. 3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate. 4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post. 5. You cannot "tag back" the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate. Here are 11 random things about myself: 1. I moved around a lot when I was growing up. I lived in many places, including Spain, Venezuela, and Ghana, West Africa. 2. My husband is the best! 3. My kids are terrific, and my grandson, who is almost 2, precious! 4. I love tubing down the Ichetucknee River in NE Florida every summer. 5. I usually drink water, but I like Coke Zero as a treat. 6. I make jewelry for fun and for profit. 7. We have two very spoiled doggies. 8. I have never seen the Pacific Ocean, but I am going to Seattle, WA in August to my daughter's wedding on the beach! 9. My mother was an artist, my father was an artist, and so was my sister and my brother. I am the only teacher in the family, but I dabble in art. 10. I love my garden, and especially the first tomatoes of the season. 11. I enjoy cooking and creating in the kitchen. No wonder my daughter is a chef!
Here are the answers to the questions from my nominator: 1. What grade levels have you taught? Pre-K, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th. I have substituted in all grades. 2. Which was your favorite and why? 7th, because every day is a challenge! 3. How many times do you hit snooze before getting out of bed for work? Once. I am not a morning person. 4. What is your favorite read aloud? For the little ones, Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? For older students, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. 5. How many times a week do you meet with your team? Once a week formally, but we have many mini meetings to collaborate- every day. 6. What is one teaching item you can't teach without? I love my SMARTBOARD. 7. Do you have to do recess or lunch duty? Not in middle school. Just bus duty. 8. What is your favorite unit to teach? Poetry writing, drama, and I loved teaching the novel Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Grammar is not my favorite, so I work hard to try to make it fun. 9. What are your Christmas break plans? I plan to stay home and enjoy my family. 10. What or who inspired you to blog? A friend of mine that I have known since high school. 11. Do you have a guilty pleasure? Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

 I am going to use the same 11 questions for my nominees. :)
 Here are the blogs I'm nominating:
1.Teacher Spice and Everything Nice
2. Terry's Teaching Tidbits
3. J:K Speech
4. Diapers Dollars and Diplomas
5. Love 2 Teach 2
6. First Grade Smiles
7. Sommer Pride
8. Coast to Coast Kinder
9. Our Future is Bright
10. A Neigborhood Kindergarten
11. Totally Teriffic Teaching

 All the nominees need to do is leave me a comment so I can read your answers and get to know a little more about you and your blog! Have fun and happy blogging!

Now, it is on to the New Year! Here is a FREEBIE for you to get you started:
Happy New Year Handout

If you wish to ring in the New Year with some traditions from around the world, please check out my other products as well. 



I hope everyone has a happy New Year! 
Blessing, 
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment