The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

End of the Year and Summer Awaits

Yay! The school year is winding down, and for some of us, like myself, it is OVER. I spent the first week of my break weathering storms...first Alberto and then Beryl. The sun is finally shining over us today, so maybe we can dry out. I still have to play pick up sticks on a large scale in my yard.

Now that the year is over, there will be time to reflect and time to think about next year and the new common core curriculum.  I know it will be a difficult year ahead, so I know I will have to spend some time this summer working on units. Our school has determined that in 7th grade we will be reading 4 novels next year...one each 9 weeks, in addition to all the writing and supplemental reading that we will be required to do. The novels we have chosen are: The Cay,  Red Scarf Girl, The White Giraffe, and Farewell to Manzanar.  I know I will be working on creating materials and finding resources to go with these books, so if you are interested in teaching any of these novels, keep an eye out, as I will let my followers know what I have put together.

Happy summer everyone!

Deborah
aka HappyEdugator

P.S. I have some End of the Year products available now for those of you who are still in school. Check out my TPT store. http://teacherspayteachers.com/Store/HappyEdugator

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment