The HappyEdugator

The HappyEdugator
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Click Here to Link to My TPT Store

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do a Good Deed Every Day

When I was in the Girl Scouts, we were taught to do a good deed daily. It was our motto. I sometimes wonder how many of us live by this motto, or has it gone out of style? My students seem surprised by it, and most have never heard of it. I share this with my students, and it makes them smile. Here is how we all can benefit by remembering to do a good turn daily:

1. Be kind. Simple random acts of kindness is all you need. You don't have to kill yourself trying to figure out what a good deed is, and no one even needs to know you did it. Just do a service to someone else that provides no benefit to yourself.

2. Don't worry about the results. Just do it.

3. Realize that as you perform this act of kindness, you are really performing an act of kindness to yourself! The true joy of a gift is in the giving.

4. Notice how you feel. You can't help but feel good when you have been kind to someone else. This is the great pay off of doing good deeds.

As teachers, we are often stressed and sometimes even frustrated. By doing that good deed daily, you can relieve some of that stress, and make the world a better place. You will smile more and relax, and when your students see your actions, they will remember to pay it forward as well. I see more and more random acts of kindness every day.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Best of success to your new blog. I see you are off to a great start. I am also a new blogger. My recent blog posts include CD Case Learning Centers, Pop-Up Books Kids Can Make to Learn Reading and Math, and Water Bottle Learning Centers.

    Dawn
    http://www.literacymathideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete